How to create a Facebook Fundraiser
SIX EASY STEPS:
1) Go to your Facebook account (or create one here!)
2) Go to your 'home' page, and look on the left side column. You should see the 'fundraiser' option under "Create" at the bottom. Click on "fundraiser" and Facebook will walk you through it.
3) Pick your charity (Family Promise of Riverside or any other of the incredible organizations out there that you'd like to raise money for!)
4) Edit to make yours, possible info:
Goal: Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes!
Date to end: June 27, 2021
Title: Night Without A Bed: Family Promise of Riverside
Why are you raising money: Families across the country are experiencing homelessness every day. We want to draw attention to the reality these families face. Join us and Family Promise of Riverside on June 26 to raise awareness for families without a home. Post a picture of you sleeping without a bed with #NightWithoutABed and/or make a donation so others don’t have to sleep without a bed. Facebook pays all the processing fees for you, so 100% of your donation goes directly to the nonprofit.
Cover photo-You will need to click this link and download it to your computer and then click edit on the picture in Facebook to replace it with this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kt9wsTHcM9FTUkDYnhoKuJ7KEDFMQixi/view?usp=sharing
5) Invite people on your friends' list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends' list, remember you're giving them an opportunity to participate in something big.
6) Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Seriously, these people are donating to Family Promise of Riverside because of YOU - because they love you, they appreciate you, they think you're worth investing in!