SIX EASY STEPS:
1) Go to your Facebook account (or create one here!)
2) Go to your 'home' page, and look on the left side column. You should see the 'fundraiser' option under "Create" at the bottom. Click on "fundraiser" and Facebook will walk you through it.
3) Pick your charity (Family Promise of Riverside or any other of the incredible organizations out there that you'd like to raise money for!)
4) Set your fundraising goal and time frame. We've seen many successful fundraisers at $200 or even $500 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can even challenge your friends to double or even triple your amount!
5) Invite people on your friends' list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends' list, remember you're giving them an opportunity to participate in something big.
6) Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Seriously, these people are donating to Family Promise of Riverside because of YOU - because they love you, they appreciate you, they think you're worth investing in!
Have fun with it!